We apologize for being MIA all last week but it was a crazy one! Scott was prepping for and then taking a CPA exam, and I trained, taught, and worked my butt off all week. It was hard enough to keep up with our Whole30 meals let alone blog about them haha!
Anyway, to celebrate the completion of our Whole30 challenge and Scott's exam, I created a dessert incorporating some of Scott's favorite flavors -- pie filling and bananas. The funny thing is, this dessert actually turned out to be Whole30 approved as I didn't add sugar of any kind.
Easy Peasy Very Berry Cobbler
* 1 package of frozen mixed berries (I used the Trader Joe's cherry blend, you can use fresh berries too)
* 2 bananas sliced
* 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
* Sprinkle of cinnamon
* 1/2 jar of Creamy Almond Butter with Sea Salt
* 1/2 cup coconut flakes
* 1 cup Almond Meal
* 1 egg
* 1 mashed banana
* Sprinkle of Cinnamon
1) Mix berries with coconut flakes and pour into a square baking dish
2) Place banana slices over the top and sprinkle with cinnamon
3) In a mixing bowl, combine almond butter, coconut flakes, almond meal, egg, mashed banana, and cinnamon
4) Layer over the berries and place dish into the oven
5) bake for 15-20 minutes
6) Remove from oven and let the cobbler sit for about 5 minutes
7) Get a big spoon and FEAST!
** Option to drizzle some full fat canned coconut milk over the cobbler for some extra creamy goodness
We hope you enjoy the natural sweetness!
~Scott & Lina